Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Hello, Looking for drum ID

Hello all,

I have been searching to ID this snare, it was my grandfathers drum used for school. Since I'm 46 and my Mother was the youngest of 4, this has to be somewhere around turn of the century. There are no marks or labels left on it, and since this picture was taken I had it restored. I will include some of the restored pictures to give a good view of the throw off. The guy who did the restoration had to replace the hoops because he said the hardware didn't line up. He also made it clear that it wasn't a high dollar instrument which makes sense as they were farm hands, without much money.

He used all the other hardware we had. This is as I found it, my mom had heads replaced by someone...

This one shows throw off

These are the rest

Thanks in advance for any help given

4 attachments
47.7 kB
44.3 kB
53.1 kB
47.4 kB
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Can't help whatsoever...but it's a really COOL drum....I love that hardware....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm sure someone will ID the drum for you.

Whoever restored it did a great job, looks really nice.

Posted on 15 years ago

That thing is gorgeous! Imagine what hardware like that would cost now.

Posted on 15 years ago

I guess I will have to put the "original" picture back up, somehow it got "lost"

The guy who restored it works here:

http://www.artisanpercussion.com/

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like a Duplex from the turn of the century.

The "restoration" probably cost more than the drum was worth but it's a real nice job. In the antique car biz I think they call something like that a resto-mod...

I would hold onto the original parts. (...Especially the original hoops and tension rods. Those modern rods just don't look "right" on that drum.)

Very cool drum!

Posted on 15 years ago

From Rich K.

Looks like a Duplex from the turn of the century.The "restoration" probably cost more than the drum was worth but it's a real nice job. In the antique car biz I think they call something like that a resto-mod...I would hold onto the original parts. (...Especially the original hoops and tension rods. Those modern rods just don't look "right" on that drum.)Very cool drum!

Thanks, I have all the original parts including the hoops. It was missing a lot of the original tension rods so we had to put new ones on it. The value of the original drum wasn't important to me, it was my grandpa's drum. All the value it needed. Did duplex use that type of throw off?

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here