Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

hello all!! just bought a vintage leedy/slingerland kit-need info.??

I would like to say hello to all out there,i am a new member and i just purchased a leedy by slingerland kit,the kit is black marine pearl and in excellent shape! i am new to vintage drums so any help would be appreciated!the bass has a blue leedy chicago badge on it,the others have no badges,but are stamped on the inside,the bass is stamped 02-64,the small tom 08-63,the floor tom is 06-65,is it common for the toms not to have badges on them and just to be stamped on the inside?? how do i tell if these are the real matching drums?? did slingerland build these for leedy? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 15 years ago

The Leedy name was owned by Slingerland after around 1955. Your drums are essentially Slingerlands with Leedy lugs. It's common for the toms not to have badges. Slingerland didn't start putting badges on toms until around '66 or '67 or something like that. Your set probably came together...with the slightly later date stamp on the floor tom, it's possible the original owner bought a set without a floor tom (common then) and then added the FT later.

Very nice, desirable drums. Post pics!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here