Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Heads For Fibes Vintage Sft690

Just Took This One Out Of Storage And Trying To Decide If I Should Keep It,or Sell It With The Vintage Chrome Fiberglass Fibes Kit I Am Putting Up For Sale Within The Next Few Weeks?? It Is In Really Nice Shape And All Original But The Head Was Worn To Nothing Before I Put It Away!! Want To Put On Some New Heads And Play It Again Before I Make My Decision.as You All Know, Its Chrome Over Fiberglass And One Of The Original 70's Models,and Is The Famous Favorite Snare Of Buddy Rich!! If Anyone Has One, And Has Any Reccomendations Of Heads To Use ,before I Go Out And Waste Alot Of Money,i Would Appreciate It!!

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

Money wise you might be better off not replacing the heads and just lowering the price 75$ or whatever you would be investing. I rarely use the same heads as come on kits, even if they`re new, as I mostly am really selective about what heads I want for different drums. When in doubt though, the REMO Coated Ambassador is the rice and white bread of the industry- works every time I think.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks Bob!!

I wanted to play it first though,before i put it with the kit.These things are getting harder and harder to find,and if i liked it,i would sell the rest of the kit without it!! I was thinking remo coated ambassadors myself,but i remember that the guy i bought this from was an extreme -devout buddy rich fan and told me that buddy would use a certain head with these(not ambassadors) to get them to sound great,and i just cant remember which ones he said???Anyway,i have a kent maple snare 8 lug and a pearl masters deeper shell maple snare for right now.The pearl snare is the sweetest sounding snare i could ever imagine playing!! I was at guitar center one day and heard this wonderful drum being played from the other room.I went inside and was admiring the sound of it.There were 2 guitar players listening to it also,when i heard them say to each other"i dont know **** about drums,but thats the way a snare drum should sound!! best sounding drum i ever heard" I was thinking much the same,and found out the manager had switched the batter head on it and tuned it,but thats about all(it was a brand new drum) i had no money and was not looking for another drum,so i left.Well shortly after it hit me,i had to have that drum-and what if somebody else buys it!! i could not sleep all night.Needless to say,guess who was waiting at the door when the manager opened the store??Well thats the story of that drum!!! I am so frickin happy i bought that drum!!! I LOVE THAT DRUM!!!!!The kent i am still waiting to get back now 6-7 weeks from having the bed done and the edges done,but i suspect that drum weill sound awesome too!!!But i have no metal drums right now.I checked out,and loved your web sight!!! You are a true professional!! You can tell the love you have to play the drums,and the love of the drums themselves,and you play out all the time!!!! A TRUE PROFESSIONAL!!!!AND MASTER OF HIS CRAFT!!!! PLEASURE TO KNOW YOU!! I like the ink also!! I LOVE JAPANESE STYLE!!! I have had some work done by a few guys from japan who moved to new york!! have 1 1/2 sleeves now,but i am getting old and the skin is old now-does not heal the same,but i would love to finish the 1/2 i have left open!!Well sorry for rambling on!! When are you picking up your fibes???

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks alot but you`re wrong, I`m just a drum fanatic like yourself -but I can say atleast that a whole lifetime of drumming obviously isn`t enough to satisfy me- I just keep wanting to play more and more.

Seriously, I have read that the Buddy Rich model chrome over fiberglass snare is the absolute best sounding snare - give up any thoughts of selling it- it`s too precious. The value will only increase and you can enjoy it in the meantime. Keep them all I say.

As for my own Fibes kit- I have to wait until March :^( I couldn`t buy an air ticket back to visit my folks for the holidays- they were sold out up until Jan 15 completely. So, I bought a ticket for March when I have some free time as well. Three more months I`ll have to wait - I must have more disciplineSumo Dude

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here