Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Having a hard time IDing my Slingerland kit

hopefully this pic shows up, i'm having a hard time figuring out the story behind my kit.. i know it's mid 60's but i've yet to find another one with all center mounted lugs and the rail consollette mounted in the center..?? the floor tom isn't in the pic because the leg mounts are stripped but it doesn't have centermounted lugs (16") the shells have "P" stamped but no dates.

if anyone can help that'd be great

with that being said, if any one has (8) 7 3/4" bullet t rods for bass drum or the appropriate floor tom leg mounts send me a message.!!!

[IMG]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_b4b4ef2f4a2d4f238e5a6964247300e7.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]If it was a 22" bass, it'd be a Stage Band. But it's a 20"...so...

It looks like it's a Jamm Session , to which Slingy probably added a FT...

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/slingerland_drumsets_1963.html

If you wanna tell us what kind of badges are on 'em, and the serial #'s...we can get the production date nailed down and then use the catalogs to figure it out.

BTW, I have seen center-mounted rails on '60's factory Slingys before...

(cool kit, BTW...)Clapping Happy2[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

The stage band style bass drums in the late '60s had the rail on the top like yours is.

Your set was probably ordered as the Jam Session (bass, tom, snare) and then the floor tom was added later.

Those are great sounding drums.

Posted on 15 years ago

thanks for the help. here are the badge numbers.:

all are brass niles badges.

bass drum: 115274

rack tom: 119464

floor: 216062

snare (purchased separately-cob krupa): 88656

i love this set, i've been playing it for a couple years and the sound is great. i'm having new bass drum hoops made right now.- natural finish maple with matching inlay by medicine man drums, looking forward to that. the hoop i have on the batter side now is some after market metal thing.. thanks everyone for the help.

Posted on 15 years ago

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/drcjw/article_1_badges.html

[COLOR="DarkRed"]

This will give you an idea on the badges. You should keep the original hoop on the bass drum (I mean, you can keep it off the bass drum but don't get rid of it) , just for the sake of historical value it'd be good to have even one factory hoop....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Since the Jamm Session was offered sans floor tom, probably the music store just ordered an extra floor from the factory, and it happened to be a 16-lug.

Posted on 15 years ago

yeah, definitely not going to get rid of that hoop. if nothing else, it's always good to have a back up. thanks for the help.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here