Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Have you ever heard of this?

Hey there, I'm looking for new drum heads for my slingerland drum set, and I was checking out this one particular brand of drum heads. The company is called 'Attack', and I was thinking of getting the 'calf-like' head. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular brand, or this model or anything? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 17 years ago

I tried them and didn't like them. They were very thick and felt sluggish -no resonance at all...like a regular head with waaaay too much coating on them. I can tell you from playing on real calfskin heads many times -the Attack heads are NOTHING like calfskin at all.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

ahh, okay. What do you think would be the best type of head for a vintage sound?

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

ahh, okay. What do you think would be the best type of head for a vintage sound?

Well, the way I look at it is to use the type of drumheads that were used in those days. Outside of using real calfskin (which is super-expensive and generally impractical)...for the most part, Remo coated Ambassadors (10 mil.) seem to be the "general" standard. However, I like the Remo coated Diplomats (7.5 mil.) even better because they are the same weight as the older Ludwig Weathermasters and "dB" series heads. They are not to everyone's liking though because they DO dent very easily if you play with any kind of force.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here