Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

has anyone ever removed a Veneer from a drum? what am i up against?

hey guys,

i recently bought a set that was originally wrapped and the previous owner stripped it and relaid a veneer wrap to the shells.

i would like to remove the veneer and rewrap the shells. has anyone ever worked with removing a veneer?

if so id love to hear about it to gauge what im up against here.

thanks in advance

Posted on 14 years ago

Depends entirely on what rewrap boy used to bond the veneer to the shell.

Posted on 14 years ago

yea i have read that. even if he did use a strong bonding agent, its still not impossible to remove, correct? just a major pain in the berries?

Posted on 14 years ago

If he used 3-M contact cement, you be peeling splinters for weeks....I think I would strip the top coat, sand and stain it and call it good.....but then I'm lazy...as everyone knows.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

yikes. yea i have to wait til it arrives to really see if its possible. the dude told me its bubbling underneath the kick so thats a good sign that it might be a crappy job... fingers crossed

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes,i have many times,Heat gun is the best way to go to remove the covering.Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here