Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Has anyone dealt with Purdie Shuffle?

Hello everyone, has anyone dealt with a seller on here named Purdie Shuffle? I recently purchased some drums from him and unfortunately had a less than pleasant experience after the drums arrived damaged. I've seen him post quite a bit on here and I had expected quite a better transaction than what transpired. Unfortunately, I don't have any recourse as he requires sending a check in the mail. Buyer beware.

Posted on 3 years ago

have had many dealings with purdie shuffle, and will be the first to stand up in his defense. talk to him and let him know what has happened, I'm sure he will be willing to work with you.

Stay Wiggly,
Robyn
Posted on 3 years ago

Thanks for the response. It seems like he’s been around for awhile as I’ve seen his stuff listed here often. It’s just a bummer being dragged like this from someone who seems to be a respectable seller. However, it doesn’t seem like he’s interested in making this right. I attached his last and final response to me.

Posted on 3 years ago

From robyn64

have had many dealings with purdie shuffle, and will be the first to stand up in his defense. talk to him and let him know what has happened, I'm sure he will be willing to work with you.

Like Robyn, I can vouch for Purdie Shuffle as if my life depended on it. He has done me many favours in the past and one huge one I can't even mention. I am truly sorry for damage, but I'm sure it was beyond John's control. In my opinion, Purdie is about as stand-up a guy who has ever picked up a stick.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 3 years ago

From salty 1322

Like Robyn, I can vouch for Purdie Shuffle as if my life depended on it. He has done me many favours in the past and one huge one I can't even mention. I am truly sorry for damage, but I'm sure it was beyond John's control. In my opinion, Purdie is about as stand-up a guy who has ever picked up a stick. Brian

To me, he’s responsible for packing the drums well and in a way to prevent damage. I own a store, and any time something has ever gotten damaged in transit, I’ve always taken care of the customer. This is all beside the point though, in my opinion. The original ad stated the drums had good repairs and were ready to be put together. They weren’t. They were done with low grade rubber cemented. When I pushed on the seam of the bass drum, it came apart.

Posted on 3 years ago

Chris

I wasn’t going to dignify this public assault but you leave me no choice.

Anybody who has done a transaction with me knows I always pack carefully. Each shell was individually bubble wrapped and then they were cushioned from each other with more bubble wrap. It was all packed in a heavy cardboard box. I’m going to tell you the same thing I told you yesterday...

I will not take responsibility for the damage done by the mishandling of the post office. Your beef is with them not me. Acrylic shells are like glass it doesn’t take much to crack or shatter them. They did not go out in the condition that they arrived. Take up being reimbursed for shipping damage with the outfit that dropped them. Seriously how do you see the shipping damage as my fault? I’ve had drums arrive damaged in a damaged box and I went after UPS not the guy who sold it to me.

As I said in my original ad: project kit - no refunds. I’m sorry that the drums arrived damaged. Contact the post office with your complaint. You’re going after the wrong party.

I’m outta here. I won’t be responding to any further posts in this thread. Thank you to my friends for the support and the very kind words. I send my warmest regards.

Chris check my feedback for past transactions. I’ve been a member here for ten years so there is a heap of feedback to consult. I’m not the “bad guy” here. Not a good idea to try to smear someone in public before you take the time to learn a little something about the person before you start hurling turds at them.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 3 years ago

John, this isn't a public assault. You packed 55 pounds of acrylic drums in $4 single wall box with half a roll of orange Home Depot bubble wrap. But that's beside the point. I would have not bought the drums and wasted your time and mind had you taken a closer look at the repairs done on these drums. Frankly, they're pretty terrible. Below is a picture of the floor tom repair, which includes two drilled holes in a large spider crack with a light coating of super glue.

1 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

It’s always a issue with the newbies here go somewhere else if your a trouble make

John is A number 1 in my book

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 3 years ago

From jaghog

It’s always a issue with the newbies here go somewhere else if your a trouble make John is A number 1 in my book

Take a look at the drum..... It's a dog.. If it were me I'd be paying someone a visit...

Mr controversy is still at it it seems... Take a good look at his history..

Oh and the "Newbie" has been here 3 1/2 years... how long does it take??

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 3 years ago

From longjohn

Take a look at the drum..... It's a dog.. If it were me I'd be paying someone a visit... Mr controversy is still at it it seems... Take a good look at his history.. Cheers John

So I’m not the only one?

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here