Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Harvesting modern wrap

I am looking at picking up a kit top harvest the wrap off it - but need some research/advice here.

1) This is modern wrap (Groove Percussion) and am wondering how it is applied (glue/tape) and how easily I could remove and reuse it.

2) The BD is 22 in 10 lug, while my project has a 20 in 8 lug BD. I have seen some cases where the spacing is right on to use a wrap on a smaller shell. Can anyone tell me if this would fly? The seller tells me is is about 7.5 inches from center of the lug to the center of the next lug and that seems to measure out right on the spacing of a 20 inch 8 lug I am measuring here at home.

Anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago

John if what I understand this correct, you want to take wrap off of a 10 lug drum and re-install it on a 8 lug drum and expect that to work,,, forget it. It wont work.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 10 years ago

John,

Jeff's right. It just ain't gunna' work. The lug holes will never line up. The 8 lugs on your 20" bass would be spaced 7.85" apart (circumference of 62.83" divided by 8). The lug spacing on the 10 lug 22" bass would be only 6.9". Not even close. Are you sure the other donor bass isn't a 24"? The lug spacing on a 24" would be 7.5".

Mike

-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Posted on 10 years ago

Seller said it was 23in (which would be 22 because he is likely also measuring the hoops - non-drummer). So - guess it will not work. Too bad.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/4481954723.html

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago

I've missed two of those sets on C/L, but I wanted to experiment with tung oil on the interiors. Your project would have a chance if it was a 12 x 20 bass drum, as it may not even touch the other holes.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here