Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

HAROLD "Doc" WEST... 1951 tom mounting

Posted on 6 years ago

Very interesting! Levitation?!! I'm stumped!

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Weird view. I can name the tune he was playing:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAP84Zc_CYU"]Classics IV - Spooky - YouTube[/ame]

It looks as if there is a diamond plate that is somehow connected to the cymbal stand, but it's hard to imagine that stand could hold that tom without the whole thing being otherwise propped-up by the snare drum.

Posted on 6 years ago

It actually looks like he could be holding the tom, looking at the clip-mount on the bass drum, and the diamond plate on the tom looks to have a hole in it, with the wrap showing through. Photo snapped immediately following catastrophic hardware failure? Maybe a stretch, but OTOH I do not see any suspension for that tom! :)

Mitch

Posted on 6 years ago

hello, new ideas? :)

Posted on 4 years ago

From hipercussion

hello, new ideas? :)

Rim to rim mounted to the snare.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 4 years ago

possible solution closer to reality:

holding in hands

to mount how/where? :)

Posted on 4 years ago

so 1) just holding in hands OR

2) a kind od tom stan coming out rmm the cymbal stand?

here better images of Dick Shanahan

to be continued :)

2 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

Airbrushed and retouched picture that obscures the actual mounting system.

If you look closely it appears to have had some rather crude air brushing along the top rim to the left of the cymbal stand and some at the bottom rim where it looks like it could be touching the stand. The Drums are 30's to early 40s Radio kings yet the tom has a diamond mount. Those came out around 1940 so that may be original or there may have been modifications over the years. There also appears to be some retouching of that mount.

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132966&stc=1&d=1607278735[/IMG]

1 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

so, what the solution for you? a kind of stand which starts from the base of cymbal stand? attached to diamond plate?

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here