Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Harmony 7x20 shell bass drum shell??

I have had this harmony 7x20" bass drum shell for years, i got the shell and the 2 natural maple hoops that is all,, what the heck is it, the last 2 pics shows that something was attached to it but what?? and i think it is a bass drum, but i am stumped. help!!!!!!!!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

This could have been a marching bass-some kind of harness mounting bracket-or,in a concert band I was once part of,the bass had a wooden stand that cradled the bass.OR-a mount for the traps-temple blocks,chinese cymbal,ratchet,etc.20" is small for an old bass.OR,a rail style tom mount.Sheesh-the choices!

Posted on 14 years ago

Ok now that's two of us that are stumped?? electricit

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I don't know what it is, other than a very nice, birdseye maple shell. Clean that puppy up, gently, and put a nice coat or two of crystal clear lacquer on it and it should be a wonderful looking bass. It might make a really cool small stage set up. You can get birdseye veneer from a couple of sources online and take some other old shells, like some of the single and 3 ply MIJ and turn it into a really cool jazz set up. Do you have the lugs, or just shell and hoops?

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah.all that i have are the two hoops and the shell, the Birdseye maple is nice as you stated i just need to apply some elbow juice to it, i would assume it had thumbscrews on it, thanks for the stab at it.

Posted on 14 years ago

And now, sacrelig...Since you don't have a complete set, or even a complete drum, and likely parts are going to be virtually impossible to find....Now mind this is just me, I would get in the parts bin and take 8 to 10 matching snare lugs and make a more modern drum out it. That is just too nice a shell to let go to dust. I know I will be razzed, but like I said, it's just me thinking out loud. A couple of orphan shells, like a 12 and maybe a 14 by whatever could be found in the pile at Mikey's, and you could have the beginnings of a really cool set. And the maple veneer is easy to come by, and can be had very reasonably if you search the listing on the site carefully. I don't know, just some thoughts. I know everyone says "Don't drill", but with something like that, what else can you do with it? Looks like a very nice shell and probably has a great sound.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Big cheesecake mold ???.......Mind Blowi

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Brother kevin, "I likes cheescake!!! Jumping2

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Um - are we talkin' literally - or figuratvely ? [/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here