Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

'Half" to fix this Pedal.

So I was snooping around in the attic of an old barn in my area, found this pedal lurking in an old box, it looked a million years old. I knew It was a diamond in the rough because of the "chunkyness" and the leather strap.

it looks pretty long suffering.

...well, half a diamond, there were oddly, no other drum parts in sight, I did search.

This Is what I expect to be a Rogers kick-pedal, how old I do not know.

I was talking to my "drum-dealer" and he lit up and said " I think I JUST might have something for you."

well, should I go for it, or is this thing just scrap in a box?

anyway I would love an opinion or two!

THANKS as always! (everything you can tell me is big news!) Kiss

-J

1 attachments
"If we don't sound good, at least we can still LOOK good!"-J
Posted on 14 years ago

Hmm, I'm not an expert on the Rogers pedals, but it looks like it could be a newer (i.e. 70s/80s) Rogers, but I don't recognize. It's not a Supreme or a Swivo. If you look through the old catalogs, you'll be able to find it. Check the vintagedrumguide page here or visit the rogers owners forums for the catalogs.

Posted on 14 years ago

That is either a mid-1970's-early 1980's Pearl, or an R-360/R-380 "Rogers" pedal from the late1970's-early 1980's. Its not worth a whole lot (even when complete) and they have a rather non-descript, chunky feel to them.....read that as sloooow action. BTW, the pedal cam that the strap is attached to is assembled BACKWARDS. You need to remove the shaft and spin it around 180 degrees for it to work.

Upon closer inspection, it could also be a Ludwig "modular" pedal from the early 1980's-mid 1990's. Ludwig used to import these in that time frame and put their own name on it as well. Not that great of a pedal, I'm sorry to say......

Posted on 14 years ago

It's still good to know that before I spend any $ trying to fix it.

Thanks!~

"If we don't sound good, at least we can still LOOK good!"-J
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here