Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Hail to the Chief??

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]OK guys...yes it is new, but hey...something makes me want this one. Any thoughts on the Ludwig/Dunnett L2006 (The Chief) Titanium snare. Pricey, but hey... Help me to be irresponsible with my dough. Ha! [/FONT][/SIZE]

DAVID
DETROIT ROCK CITY
Posted on 17 years ago

I'm with you. I mean it just looks...AWESOME!!

I haven't even heard it and I want one, too.

Posted on 17 years ago

I am all for light. I have an old single tension gretsch student model snare. No flange stick chopper hoops with claws and no lugs, just t-rodd guides. It is so light you'd think the snare bag was empty. The lighter the kit the quicker the round trip to the car and the set up and break down.

However, I'd locate one in a store, take it in the drum room on a weekday (weekends are brutal this time of year) and see if I loved it before spending 3 or 4 good club dates wages on it. But if money is no object, order it. SamAsh.com wants $1,129.99 for it.

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago

Research the drum more thoroughly.I,ve read where it is plagued with small imperfections.Check out some other forums and ask questions.....And are either of you aware of Dunits history?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"]I have heard the same things Wayne. Issues with the Imperial lugs not properly fitting the shells, but in the same review the reviewer had slammed the Dunnett throw off as "cheap Taiwanese crap" which confuses me being that I have heard only good things about Dunnett's throw offs. I did see a prototype Chief with tube lugs, so...maybe the Imperial lugs were an after thought. I'll need to track one down in a store to see for myself.

Any bad words to heed about Dunnett stuff that I should be aware of? [/SIZE][/FONT]

DAVID
DETROIT ROCK CITY
Posted on 17 years ago

"Any bad words".....Well,it depends on which dunit you talk to that day....there are several....The throws are cheaply made but still an ok unit for the money,and they weigh a ridiculous amountx-mas3

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

I have played on two Dunnett snares, and both sounded great. Bright, crisp, and surprising warm. I have been waiting for one of my friends to purchase the "Chief", so, I could play on one. I always wonder about message board remarks, due to, someone having a gripe/agenda against a certain product or manufacturer.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here