Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Gut snare anchor plate wanted

I'm in need of a snare wire anchor plate to complete my 1920's Ludwig & Ludwig marching snare project. It looks like the one in the attached photo (its not my drum but a similar one I found on the web).....hoping that someone may have one somewhere they can part with, or at least if they have one I could get a pattern from....you know, dimensions, material constructed out of, etc. :D

PM me if you can help either way.....

Posted on 14 years ago

I have a Ludwig parts catalog from the 1980's that shows what I am looking for as well....they listed it with the P-85 strainer....its the gut snare set for the p-85....part number p-104....unfortunately they don't show the gut snares for the p-85 in the current parts catalog....so if someone may have an NOS set with this plate, that would be fine as well......

Posted on 14 years ago

If I can't get one of the type in the first post, I'd settle for one of this type as the shell is already drilled for one.....

Posted on 14 years ago

You can make one from a thin piece of steel covered with leather. Grind or cut to size, drill and file as many holes as needed and glue leather to both sides. Most of those were made of thick pieces of leather punched with holes, so maybe an old belt will work as well.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here