Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 111.62422%

Groove Solo Ideas 5 in 1 Video

hi everyone, i'm new to this forum.

being new a figured sharing my playing would be a cool thing to do. im finding the online drum community to be pretty awesome when it comes to sharing ideas and info.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6w5kAbL_p4[/ame]

the video has 5 short ideas based around improvising on some grooves. stickings, odd phrasing ect.

check it out if you like.

cheers

Posted on 14 years ago

Sounds good man! However, given who the people are on this forum, you might want to list the gear you are playing.

Good jams though, I dug it!

-Kevin

1961 Ludwig Super Classic 22,13,16,18, WFL BR Snare WMP
1951-52 Slingerland Radio King Krupa Outfit 24,13,16 Champagne Sparkle
1960s/70s Polaris MIJ 20,12,16 Red Sparkle
2005 Gretsch Catalina Club WMP First Run
2008 Pearl Masters MCX 20,10,12,14f,16f & 14 Diamond Glitter
1999 Yamaha Stage Custom 22,10,12,14r,16f. Marina Green

...& many more...
Posted on 14 years ago

hi kevin thanks for checking it out.

cymbals: bosphorus traditional hats 14", new orleans ride 22", HHX evolution crashes, 17" & 18".

snare: dave weckl signature maple

pearl session birch drums fusion sizes.

DW 5000 pedal.

any more info im happy to give but i dont think i've forgotten anything.

im happy with all the gear, but will upgrade the pearl eventually with a higher end 12" 14", and 20" bass drum.

Posted on 14 years ago

I kick myself for not getting the 22 NoLA ride. I bought the 20 and just didn't like it. It never opened up properly. I've seen and heard several 22's this year and they pretty much all sound nice like yours. Oh well......live and learn.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

I kick myself for not getting the 22 NoLA ride. I bought the 20 and just didn't like it. It never opened up properly. I've seen and heard several 22's this year and they pretty much all sound nice like yours. Oh well......live and learn.

i think there was a 20" in the store when i bought my 22". i do agree that they sound different. even so though, still a quality cymbal, you could always at some point get a 22" if thats the sound you like and use both?

even more so if you play jazz or styles where you have the need for more riding options.

last resort theres always selling it to make a change or something like ebay,or maybe there'll come a moment where you really start digging it.

thanks for checking out my playing, that ride is probably my favourite cymbal.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here