Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Grommet for NOB Leedy Reliance

Hello. So I've been restoring 1930's Leedy Reliance snare drum for about a year. I finally got the 4-point strainer, original single flange hoops w/clips, and butt plate. However, I was curious about the grommet that they used on the badges had back then. It fits the 60's Ludwig grommets and I found some that are plated in nickel like my drum but obviously they are too long for the shell. Anyone out there with an old NOB Reliance that could send me a picture of the inside of the grommet? Or does anyone have any info about the grommets that Leedy used on this drum?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted on 13 years ago

Hey Monkeyballs,

I haven't a clue as to the grommet you need but you might be able to carefully cut a long one down??

I'm restoring a mid to late 20's Leedy Professional snare and am missing the butt plate. Where did you find one?? Apparently the width of the Leedy is narrower than similar Slingerlands. The hole spacing on mine is 1-7/8th's inches, Slingerlands are 2-inches.

Any leads would be helpful, wish I could be more helpful on the grommet.

Regards

DonS

Posted on 13 years ago

Snip it 4 times along its length, then install. Seen this approach factory-applied numerous times.

Posted on 13 years ago

Too long is a good thing,..put it in the badge, then through the drum, mark where your lenghth is, run a dowl or pencil or whatever fits tight through it, then cut it with a hacksaw !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here