Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Gretsch white pearl 1960's?

Hello:

Model #4103, silver interior, renown throw-off, NO muffler? Not re-wrapped-no extra holes-8 streamline lugs-diecast hoops, 14 strand responso snares. Has anyone come across a snare like this with no muffler and a renown throw-off instead of a micro-sensitive? -thanks.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

I have seen them with the Renown strainer, but not without the muffler. Is it 3 or 6 ply?

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks for the response. It looks to be 6 ply-definitely not 3 ply. Serial number on inside paper badge is 26324, which I understand is not that helpful due to the Gretsch records being lost in a fire. But, I'm sure it is the original wrap with no extra holes or plugged holes and the silver finish inside the shell is fairly light compared to others I've seen. The snare throw-off and butt end are attached to the shell with small black rectangular nuts, with no washers or locking washers. I've been really happy with the dry sound of this drum. Had one in my youth but I just kept hearing that crisp Ludwig supra sound in my head and thought my Gretsch was sup-par : )...just goes to show how our ears and taste change over time. thanks.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here