Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Gretsch Vintage Cream Oyster

Anyone know where I can get this wrap?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=190837511105&index=14&nav=SEARCH&nid=21429237350

Thanks.

Aaron

Posted on 11 years ago

Drum Foundry sells a "cream strata" wrap that might be the same? Have a look.

https://www.drumfoundry.com/p-6217-cream-strata.aspx

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

thats a rich,classy looking wrap. dig it.

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

From FFR428

Drum Foundry sells a "cream strata" wrap that might be the same? Have a look. https://www.drumfoundry.com/p-6217-cream-strata.aspx

Very cool. Thanks. Just what I'm looking for, I think.

Is this wrap typical of others from, say, Precision? They say you can cut it with scissors!!!??

Ever use it with the pre applied adhesive?

Best,

Aaron

Posted on 11 years ago

Aaron I used DF's cream pearl on a tom and cut it with sizzors. I'd think the strata wraps would be same or close thickness wise. They are VERY good about sending samples. I had mine in 3 days after I sent the request. I don't know if they have unique wraps or share the market with others. They are on Ghost Note if your a member there or ask them through facebook. They state the wraps they carry can only be bought from them. But I dunno for sure? It's a nice quality wrap I was very happy with it.

Glenn.

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

Just to add.... I used mine with the Weldwood contact adhesive not the pre applied adhesive tape. It's only been 6 months but no issues at all with it holding. They list both 3M and Weldwood as the brands of contact adhesive to use.

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

Drum Foundry's wraps are exclusive to them. You won't find them any place else! I recently had a snare shell built by DF without wrap. The workmanship was very good!

My only complaint? The snare beds were too narrow and too deep, as used on concert snare drums. So deep, that I had to use a heat gun to form the head into the beds. Turns out I needed to be specific as to the style of bed I wanted. Call me crazy, but unless specified, "standard" beds should be included!

But I digress! They have cool wraps!

Mark

Posted on 11 years ago

Great info guys. Thanks a lot.

I'm thinking of putting this on my late 30's tacked bottom WFL kit. They're stripped and ready to go. Have to research how to wrap a 28"!!!! Or maybe just pay Willie at Maxwell's.... Guess that's another thread.

Aaron

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here