Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Gretsch Snare

PICTURE UP! I have a a either 1962 or 1961 gretsch snare. I did the best of research i could do and actually found a set that is just like it. I have the set also, but it has seen better days. But it has a round badge, the inside is like silver or gray. i think the bottom head is original, and the strainer also, it has like strings that keep it on if someone knows what im talking about. Can anyone give me a price range of what this is worth, because the set i guess when in good condition is $3500? thanks, oh everything on it is original except for the batter head i think.

Posted on 18 years ago

any help? please????

Posted on 18 years ago

This is a 6 lug snare called the Dixieland in most catalogs

The blue sparkle is not one of the rarer finishes, so I would gather between $150 - $200

David VSD

Posted on 18 years ago

For a blue sparkle Gretsch set to be worth $3500, it would have to be in the sizes 12" tom, 14" floor tom, 18" bass drum and a matching snare drum, and be in really nice original condition. Let us know the sizes, condition and any modifications of the whole set, and we can give you a ballpark idea of the value of your set. Round badge Gretsch drums are hot right now (and always have been!)

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here