Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Gretsch Snare Question 60's Student Model

[size=2]HEY BUDDY, I AM SORRY TO BOTHER YOU, BUT I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO ANSWER FOR ME. I CAME ACROSS AN OLD ROUND BADGE WHITE MARINE PEARL GRETSCH SNARE IN GREAT CONDITION. THE MODEL NUMBER IS 5292, AND IT IS A 6 LUG DRUM WITH THE SILVER PAINTED FINISH INSIDE. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD TELL ME EXACTLY HOW OLD IT IS AND WHAT IS MY BEST BET FOR SELLING IT OTHER THAN EBAY. I APPRECIATE IT, AND I AM SORRY TO BOTHER YOU[/size]

Posted on 19 years ago

No bother at all!

Yep, this is a 60's Gretsch student level snare. That is because of the 6 lugs.

as far as exactly how old, I'm sure it is possible but Gretsch was a very consistent company and changed their badges very little over the years. The painted interior is a clue. Most people are happy with a general year and to say it was made in 1963 is close to impossible.

Fortunately it is still collectable and many people like WMP if it was a rarer

Gretsch finish it would definitely be worth more money.

I have seen these sell on Ebay for between $175 and $250 or even more for a rare finish and excellent condition.

You could list it on my forum in the for sale section and see who responds before trying Ebay, otherwise a dealer might buy it at a reduced rate so they can re-sell it.

Let me know know your thoughts.

Also, without pictures everything is just speculation. With a picture I can gather more information and pinpoint the model name.

David

Posted on 19 years ago

David is correct here. Some of these are very nice sounding drums too.

Posted on 19 years ago
Action Another action Something else here