Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Gretsch snare drum

Can anyone help with identification of a Gretsch snare Model 4175 and serial number 13266 The snare measures a little over 4 inches on the shell, didn't the Max Roach model come in this size? Was the 4175 considered that model of drum? Unfortunately it has been rewrapped in WMP and I'm considering selling it.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

The x4175 was the Broadcaster "Max Roach" model 14"x4" in Pearl or Chrome.. $79.50 (I think that is a 50's catalog).

Reference the book Gretsch Drums, The Legacy of "That Great Gretsch Sound" by Chet Falzerano, page 49.

Gives a nice little 3/4 of page history on that drum and the catalog clip.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks, I'll see if I can find the book, I bought a "truck full of drums" and I think I have some Gretsch stuff in it as well. The tom doesn't have a paper tag or badge, but it looks like a Gretsch....

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

To be honest the book is more about Gretsch players than the drums themselves... if you can browse it before you buy to see if it has as much drum info as you would like... don't get me wrong.. good book with many catalog clips in it.. just not the "Rob Cook" type drum detail!

"Truck load of drums" .... sweet!!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Partial list of what I got: 2-20 x 18 Slingerland marching concert toms, Ludwig floor tom, 2 Rogers snares, 4 Ludwig marching toms, I think a Gretsch bass drum and tom(need to post, no tags or badges) a Trixon bass drum, 3 cracked cymbals, some hardware, parts, etc.

The snare is a Powertone, missing some hardware, but shell is perfect and the wrap is nice, black and blue tiger swirl, and a SuperTen in need of more parts.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here