Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Gretsch Snare Drum Question

The Band [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Magenta"][/COLOR][/FONT]Hello evryone this is obviously my first time I was wondering if I could get some help with this!!!! I have a ludwig snare drum i would call the color a mahogany??? on the outside of drum there is a little bronze plaque that says Gretsch and an upside down Gretsch and USA in between the words. I have a model # and a Serial # on a sticker located inside the drum that says "That Great Gretsch Sound" I Need help with maybe the year and possible a starting price as I wish to sell it Any Help would be appreciated. Thank YOu all Sincerely Kat You can reach me by email at [email]kat6793@yahoo.com[/email]

Posted on 18 years ago

just a hunch here, but there is a possibility that your snare is not actually a ludwig but instead a Gretsch. is the Gretsch badge round? if it is, that's a good thing. that's a place to start. would probably need pictures for a more specific date and value.

oh, the site is great, David. Wish there were more people using the forum. its seems easy enough to navigate to me, but like any forum, some people just post stuff anywhere, ahem....

Posted on 18 years ago

Hey drummist I was able to move the post off of the other thread so it is in the correct location now!

kat 6793 Also let us know the number of lugs on that snare drum and the size ?

Thanks

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi,

I think yours is a 70's Gretsch snare with the "stopsign" badge. The 8 lug would have had the "Lightning" strainer with possibly the "fishtail" adjustable butt. 6-lug: Renown strainer, plain,flat butt.

Posted on 18 years ago

she actually sent me pics. it's a stopsign badge gretsch shell with ludwig hardware- p85 strainer. 8 lugs. give me a sec to resize the huge pics she sent and i'll see if i can post 'em for you....

[IMG]http://www.andrewwilshusen.com/cache/snare pics 002.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.andrewwilshusen.com/cache/snare pics 003.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 18 years ago

It looks to me like a 70"s Gretsch 14 X 10 tom tom converted to a snare drum. 16 Gretsch lugs, Slingerland "sticksaver" hoops, P-83. Need to know # of shell to determine originality.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here