It's been awhile since I posted. Been busy restoring and building with help from my buddy Anthony at Village Drum in N. Scituate R.I.

Just picked up a Gretsch kit from 79-80 era, judging from the badges. The 22 inch B.D. has the " Drum makers since 1883" stop sign. The 13 tom has the rectangle badge you can read both ways. The floor tom (16") has no badge but the label doesn't have green writing like the bass drum. The finish is natural maple. The young man I bought them from had covered them with contact paper. I'ved removed the paper from the B.D. and the M.T. but not the F.T. yet. Maybe I'll see the ghost mark of the badge on the F.T.

The B.D. had a Rodgers tom mount installed with a pipe bar going thru the drum. After removing this assembly, the holes look to be original, a 1 3/8 hole and two 5/16 holes front and back with 3 5/8 hole spacing. I have no idea as to what the original tom holder looked like. The spur area looks like several spur or leg holders were tried. The drum came with nothing. Also on one side, 90 degrees from the top, someone drilled for a three hole tom mount? I'm still thinking about how I want to finish them. I might just leave them as is, the finish isn't bad on the maple. Another interesting thing are the hoops on the toms. They look like Slingys, not die-cast. I talked the kid down in price because of it. Did Gretsch offer alternative hoops? Anyway looking for help with what would original hardware be.

Since 1971, I've been the proud owner of a Gretsch jazz kit, 18, 12, 14 with 5 1/2 14 cob snare in Moonglow satin. The B.D. hoops are chrome with strip.

Thanks for listening.