Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Gretsch set - 80's ???

was at GC today picking up some heads on the 4th of july sale, and they had a used Gretsch kit there that caught my eye.

It had the square badges (gretsch printed twice, once upside down, once right side up), however the badges weren't bronzed in color. They were more nickel/silvered in color.

It was a 4 piece, looked like 20 or 22 kick, 12 and 13 toms, and a 14 or 16 floor tom. The finish was silver sparkle wrap.

any idea which kit this is?

they were asking $500, and the edges looked great, chrome was fine and wrap was solid. I'd been looking for a semi-modern Gretsch kit for recording.

any info on this kit would be much appreciated.

Posted on 18 years ago

the badge looked exactly like the one on this USA Maple Snare

[IMG]http://www.gretschdrums.com/pics/series/maplemain.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 18 years ago

more info...

the inside of the shells are uncoated. i had thought maybe this was a USA Maple with a wrap finish, but no coating on the inside leads me to beleive its something else entirely.

any ideas guys?

Posted on 18 years ago

this is from the email gretsch sends when you have questions dating drums:

"OTHER SPECIAL GRETSCH BADGES

BROADKASTER and USA MAPLE SERIES

The BROADKASTER series and the USA MAPLE series use the modern day square badge design but in antiqued pewter finish instead of the traditional brass material that has been used on all previous series of Gretsch drums. The modern BROADKASTER series was reintroduced in 1998 and features gunmetal plated die cast hoops and lugs and satin lacquer wood-grain finishes. The USA MAPLE series was introduced in the mid 2001 and features chrome plated hardware and satin

wood-grain finishes."

So it sounds like these are the only pewter badges they made, but that they only made USA MAPLE in stain finishes. Im uper confused. do you have pictures of the drums?

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here