Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Gretsch round badge snare value

Wanted to say hi (new to the forum) and see if someone can help me with a purchase. I know a guy who's got an old 5x14 Gretsch sitting in his basement he thinks he should let go of. All hardware is intact and original, muffler and microsensitive strainer are there, chrome is a little cloudy but not pitted. Finish is gold satin flame with a few cracks here and there (sounds like this is typical with high humidity?). The finish, the 6-ply shell and round badge seem to put it somewhere in the late 60's.

I'm wondering how common those satin-flame finishes were and if that increases the value. Didn't have a chance to snap a photo, but if someone could venture a guess as to what it's worth in fair condition I'd appreciate it.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Wanted to say hi (new to the forum) and see if someone can help me with a purchase. I know a guy who's got an old 5x14 Gretsch sitting in his basement he thinks he should let go of. All hardware is intact and original, muffler and microsensitive strainer are there, chrome is a little cloudy but not pitted. Finish is gold satin flame with a few cracks here and there (sounds like this is typical with high humidity?). The finish, the 6-ply shell and round badge seem to put it somewhere in the late 60's. I'm wondering how common those satin-flame finishes were and if that increases the value. Didn't have a chance to snap a photo, but if someone could venture a guess as to what it's worth in fair condition I'd appreciate it.

That Gretsch gold satin flame would crack pretty badly...that being said, that finish looks great in photos. I'm guessing the drum would get $3-450 on ebay, especially if you cleaned it up.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here