Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Gretsch round badge parts needed

Hi. I hope I'm posting on the correct board. I've rescued a late 1950's-1960, 6 ply Gretsch round badge concert snare drum, silver inside, no serial number, black with gold sparkles (Anniversary? What does that mean?). After cleaning it up, it's in pretty good shape, solid, decent chrome. But, it's missing some pieces parts. I've searched eBay, purchased a few things, but some are just plain hard to find and the so called experts I've contacted just don't reply to emails for some reason. Now I'm here and I hope someone can help. I don't necessarily need vintage parts, reproductions are fine, I'm really trying to get this together for myself, but it it's not going to happen, I'll probably just sell what I have.

It has the micro-sensitive strainer assembly. I am missing the adjustment knob and screw to that. Also, the complete butt end is missing, it's the single screw version. No snares, I'm not worried about that, those you can find, but does anyone know how many wires would have come on the snares originally? I can send pictures, I'm assuming i can post pictures as well? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 14 years ago

I can't be 100% helpful as I've never gone looking for snare parts. But I have been looking for parts for other Gretsch drums.

It's true that at any given time you won't find every single part you need. But over time I think you will if you are persistent.

If you don't have that sort of patience then send me a message with a few pics and what you are looking to get for the snare and maybe I'll take on the project.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Hockeydude19

Hi. I hope I'm posting on the correct board. I've rescued a late 1950's-1960, 6 ply Gretsch round badge concert snare drum, silver inside, no serial number, black with gold sparkles (Anniversary? What does that mean?). After cleaning it up, it's in pretty good shape, solid, decent chrome. But, it's missing some pieces parts. I've searched eBay, purchased a few things, but some are just plain hard to find and the so called experts I've contacted just don't reply to emails for some reason. Now I'm here and I hope someone can help. I don't necessarily need vintage parts, reproductions are fine, I'm really trying to get this together for myself, but it it's not going to happen, I'll probably just sell what I have.It has the micro-sensitive strainer assembly. I am missing the adjustment knob and screw to that. Also, the complete butt end is missing, it's the single screw version. No snares, I'm not worried about that, those you can find, but does anyone know how many wires would have come on the snares originally? I can send pictures, I'm assuming i can post pictures as well? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

The strainer adjustment knob was also used for the muffler, so if you can't find a knob by itself you can buy a muffler and use the knob from it (mufflers are a lot cheaper than strainers). The single screw butt is hard to find, and will be expensive, but you can do it if you're patient. Drum shows are a good place to look. You might want to buy a parts snare if you can find one with the correct butt but the drum in lousy condition (that will take patience too). If you just want to make it playable, you could thread a bolt through the hole in the shell, put a hook on the bolt, and loop the snare string over the hook. It should get your snare working while you're waiting. Finally, the snares usually came with 16 wires in that time frame. Hope that helps.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey, I have the gretsch knob that you need..P.M. if you like thanks mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From 4MoreYearsOhNo

The strainer adjustment knob was also used for the muffler, so if you can't find a knob by itself you can buy a muffler and use the knob from it (mufflers are a lot cheaper than strainers). The single screw butt is hard to find, and will be expensive, but you can do it if you're patient. Drum shows are a good place to look. You might want to buy a parts snare if you can find one with the correct butt but the drum in lousy condition (that will take patience too). If you just want to make it playable, you could thread a bolt through the hole in the shell, put a hook on the bolt, and loop the snare string over the hook. It should get your snare working while you're waiting. Finally, the snares usually came with 16 wires in that time frame. Hope that helps.

I tried the muffler knob on the throw, the threads did not match up even though it looks the same.

Posted on 14 years ago

From 4MoreYearsOhNo

Hi,If you need the snare knob i just got one in the other day..Its the right knob,the one on mufflers are bigger in size,,the right knob for that strainer is smaller one than the knob on muffler....P.M. if you like thanks mikey

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here