Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

gretsch round badge drums-no stickers???

I just bought a mid 60's gretsch round badge 4 pce drum set.The insides are the correct gray paint but none of the drums have the sticker on the inside shell with the serial # and that great gretsch sound.I hear tell that depending on when they were made,they may not have put the sticker on the inside shell?? the owner claims that he purchased these in 1969 and has owned them ever since! the badges are on tight,and look like they were never taken off ot touched,the wrap looks original and is doing the normal cracking from age also,and the drums sound great! I just need info asap on this so i can still get my money back if they are not what they are supposed to be!Thanking you in advance,Andy

[email]hopeuliketall@aol.com[/email]

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 15 years ago

Do you have any pictures of the drums to show us?

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi

I don't have information for you but since you posted re stickers.....the drums I bought last Saturday had no stickers. The owner died in 2005 at 61yrs old...........he bought the drums new in 61 (whoa!) - and his name was Gary...me too. I just thought in my case that he took the stickers off, but.........maybe they had no stickers. I have 3ply..........yes three ply new 1961 drums. Gretsch changed from 3 to 6 ply in 58 and added silver sealer at that time. However, there were 3ply shells left over at that time and they must have painted the 3ply and sold the shells until they were used up - so I've been told by the Gretsch historians in the last few days.

Ya - it would be nice to know if your drums and maybe mine just did not have stickers on to begin with.

Cheers,

Gary

Posted on 15 years ago

The paper tags were introduced in '62. Are your shells 3ply or 6ply? Pictures will help.

Posted on 15 years ago

Depends on what you paid, what the sizes are, what the finish is, and condition, etc.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here