Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Gretsch Question

Hey y'all,

Anyone know when Gretsch stopped using calf skin heads? I bought a round badge kit and the bass drum came with the original calf skin heads. Also there are no tags inside any of the drums and upon close inspection it appears as though there never were. Any ideas when Gretsch started putting tags inside their drums?

thanks!!

Posted on 15 years ago

From vince182

Hey y'all,Anyone know when Gretsch stopped using calf skin heads? I bought a round badge kit and the bass drum came with the original calf skin heads. Also there are no tags inside any of the drums and upon close inspection it appears as though there never were. Any ideas when Gretsch started putting tags inside their drums?thanks!!

Gretsch began putting tags with serial numbers inside their drums around 1962 . They began painting the inside of the drums with silver paint sealer around 1957 .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi Jazzbo,

Many thanks! I thought someone removed them!

V

Posted on 15 years ago

You are welcome . Any Gretsch lover is a friend of mine . flower

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Sounds about right...early 60's the calfskin heads were phasing out...I have gotten plenty of late 50's-'61-'62 drums with calf heads...after that, I don't believe so...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here