Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Gretsch Pratt bass muffler - installation??

I have enough parts to install a Pratt on my 18 bass. But I have no, and can't find any, instructions. A template, measurements, anything would help. A template especially.

Sure, I may be willing to try to think it through. But holes is holes. Three on the bottom and three on the top.

Help2

Thank you!

Posted on 6 years ago

From bfulton

I have enough parts to install a Pratt on my 18 bass. But I have no, and can't find any, instructions. A template, measurements, anything would help. A template especially. Sure, I may be willing to try to think it through. But holes is holes. Three on the bottom and three on the top. Help2Thank you!

I remember installing one of these myself, without any instructions! It worked great! Honestly, I'm not sure if there is a template available. I see 2 options here; 1) contact Gretsch and see if they can provide any measurements for placement, 2) maybe one of our members with a vintage Gretsch kit, and this muffler, would be willing to provide some pictures and measurements.

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Well, that inspires confidence, for better or for worse.

And I'm hoping one our members has the stuff and can help.

Thanks for the help!

Posted on 6 years ago

I did a Google search and found this thread over at DFO, from 2009. Complete instructions...except the pictures no longer show! Bummer! Still might help a bit...

https://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/10001-hole-pattern-for-jimmy-pratt-muffler/

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Mark -- thanks! That's helpful. True, I wish the diagrams were still there.

Still, thanks for your work. Your search found something mine didn't

Posted on 6 years ago

I've got 1000's of drum pictures I've downloaded over the years, mostly from eBay. I'm looking through some of the Gretsch pictures right now and attaching two that might help. What size bass drum do you have?

-Mark

3 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

It's an 18".

Thank you for your extra efforts!

Posted on 6 years ago

It looks like the bottom attachment is riht against the head. Makes sense, The top then should be close to fully raised. Allow an extra 1/8th or so. I'm feelin' lucky.

Posted on 6 years ago

From bfulton

It looks like the bottom attachment is riht against the head. Makes sense, The top then should be close to fully raised. Allow an extra 1/8th or so. I'm feelin' lucky.

Exactly! Go for it...and post pictures when complete!

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

I'm planning to use wood to replace the parts I don't have: the Part to secure the bottom of the felt to the shell, and the rounded piece to secure the top to the Pratt mechanism. Other ideas are welcome!

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here