Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Gretsch Peacock Sparkle

This is a Gretsch 3 ply Peacock Sparkle drum set that I recently acquired. The sizes are 20-13-16 the Bop Outfit. All the drums are 3 ply with clear interiors. The floor tom is date stamped Nov 1, 1951 & the tom tom is stamped Feb 15, 1951. The snare was acquired separately about 6 months ago and it is a bit faded, but it too is a 3 ply clear interior with a Sept 1952 date stamp.

The color on the drums is really good, lots of green mixed in with the pink, red & silver. It is very noticeable in person but with the camera it doesn't show up as much. They are beautiful and I have calf heads on them.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Beautiful.... wish I could see them "face to face" !!

Congrats !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Mike,, sweet!!!sweet!!!!sweet!!!Excited

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Those are absolutely stunning. If I had to go all in on a kit, this would be it. This Gretsch set is the show and I'm jealous, jealous, jealous. Congratulations!

60's Gretsch Round Badge 22/13/16
'71 Ludwig B/O Badge 20/12/13/14/16
'72 Ludwig B/O Badge Jazzette 18/12/14
'65 Rogers Holiday 20/12/16
Posted on 13 years ago

Excellent,Mike!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks you guys, this is really a special find.

GWM, I felt the same way about getting this set & I am glad I went for it.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on 13 years ago

Hey Mike, great-looking kit. Maybe take a pic outside, in the sun, to see if all the other colors show. Nice score and congrats.

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 13 years ago

Oh my. That is a stunner. Seriously beautiful. That's one of the most perfect looking Gretsch kits I've ever seen.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Ok . . . I'll bite over here as well. . . . KICK a$$ Mr. JTONE. . . My offer still stands about the drum lessons I'll quietly stay the weekend we'll drum I'll drool

Excited

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"]BOOM[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Keep em Flying ! ✈️
Posted on 13 years ago

Bill when it gets nicer around here I think I will do that, we need a little of that Arizona sun up in these parts of the country during winter time! Thanks!

Mike

Joey I would be up for lessons!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here