Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Gretsch Name Band SSB bass drum rehab troubles

I'm in the put-back-together phase of a resto I did on a '71-ish Name Band and as I go along, I'm finding I'm missing some rare and expensive pieces derailing my chance at getting the drums up and out for sale anytime soon. Blairndrums was helping me with some parts-a rail for the tom consolette for one-when we found the 20 inch bass drum has FOUR holes for the bass drum tom mount. Evidently the 4 hole mount (5 3/8" spacing)was only made for a short time and it seems now I get to mortgage the house IF I can find a mount. Sheesh...

Bellyaching aside, I don't even know what this part looks like as my research hasn't provided any clear examples of Gretsch bass drums with a close up of the 4 hole mount. A part number would be helpful too, so I at least know what I'm looking for.

Maybe you Gretsch guys can help me out. Too much info welcomed. I might as well mention over on the wanted to buy, I need a snare stand, floor cymbal stand and L cymbal arm. I'm also toying with just selling the drums without any hardware. Always look forward to the help I get here. Dean

Posted on 5 years ago

If you want if it's acceptable (non original) in your restoration this one May adjust (to two of the holes) you can plug the "other" two holes with Carriage bolts. This= is not mine- but price is right= at DFO

https://www.drumforum.org/threads/dw-rail-consollete-bass-drum-mount.165596/

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 5 years ago

the 70s rail mount is was same as the slingerland and Ludwig I think believe= looks like :

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0d/b3/5b/0db35b9a5a95bf8ffd9f2ae461136e79.jpg[/img]

so if you look for slingerland/ludwig rail may get cheaper

Posted on 5 years ago

The Gretsch one is longer then Lud/Slingerland...

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 5 years ago

Listen to Blair :) I was guessing they were same

Posted on 5 years ago

jda, that adjustable mount looks like a very interesting and affordable alternative if I can't find the real thing. Thanks for the picture and the part reference. Blair has thankfully been my voice of reason and a great help as I work through finding these parts. Been searching on line for catalog shots or part number for the 4 hole mount. No luck so far. d.

Posted on 5 years ago
Posted on 5 years ago

How about an MIJ mount?

They did copy all of the major American builders designs, including hardware. Not sure if the measurements are the same, but they're out there and they are usually dirt cheap. You can even buy an MIJ donor bass drum and strip the piece and it would be cheaper than a real one.

Just a thought, good luck!

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here