Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Gretsch Know-it-alls needed

I have a 5 lug 12 inch tom that I believe is Gretsch. It has silver sealer, no paper tag, but 2 of the tone controls, which looks exactly like all I've seen on Ebay and the die cast style hoop. The kicker is there is no outside badge? Is this possible? Could this be a very early Gretsch? I will try to post pics ASAP, but if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

Does it look like there was a nail hole on the shell? I ask because my RB kit has the badges tacked on with fancy furniture tacks, not a grommet.

Posted on 15 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

I have a 5 lug 12 inch tom that I believe is Gretsch. It has silver sealer, no paper tag, but 2 of the tone controls, which looks exactly like all I've seen on Ebay and the die cast style hoop. The kicker is there is no outside badge? Is this possible? Could this be a very early Gretsch? I will try to post pics ASAP, but if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.BBK

Early Gretsch toms had badges as well . Why anybody would remove it is a mystery to me . 5 lug 12 inch with die cast hoops and dual mufflers and silver sealer is a Gretsch , UNLESS somebody converted a cheap Japanese drum into a Gretsch lookalike . Awaiting pics .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 15 years ago

From Rob G.

Does it look like there was a nail hole on the shell? I ask because my RB kit has the badges tacked on with fancy furniture tacks, not a grommet.

That would explain no hole for the badge, thanks Rob! Pictures to follow as soon as I clean her up!

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

That would explain no hole for the badge, thanks Rob! Pictures to follow as soon as I clean her up!

Sounds like a Gretsch tom to me, there should be tell tale signs of a pin hole somewhere where the tack was. Maybe some idiot sold the badge??

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here