Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Gretsch guys-need help: measuring diameter correctly

So I have Gretsch floor tom legs that need rubber feet. I manage to accurately measure the diameter as 3/8". I go online and purchase 3 rubber feet that several sellers claim "fits 3/8 diameter feet." The rubber feet arrived-I cannot even get them partly onto the FT legs without tearing them. The opening of the rubber feet is in fact 3/8 inches. Feel stupid asking what size feet do you order for a 3/8 inch diameter leg but what am I missing here??? Dean Help2

Posted on 4 years ago

Hi Dean!

These are the rubber crutch tips I use for 3/8" tom legs. They also work for Ludwig and Slingerland spurs, too! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ludwig-flat-base-stands-fold-down-bass-spurs-floor-tom-legs-6-rubber-tips/133287110061?hash=item1f0887e5ad:g:srgAAOSw1ZBUvDl-

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Thank you Mark, that really helps me. Placed the order & they're on the way. On this Gretsch Name Band rehab I'm doing, only one leg had a terribly worn out rubber foot that was useless as far as sizing up a correct replacement, nor do I have the luxury of an inventory of various rubber feet laying around to gauge a fit.

Most helpful-I appreciate it. Solid straight answers--that's why I love it here. Dean Clapping Happy2

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here