Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Gretsch guys: Dean takes on rehab #2, a 70s era (?) Gretsch beater—HELP!

Better to have a missing consolette than holes from a Pearl mount!!

I have some extra wing screws that would probably fit the mounts where the originals are damaged.

Let me know if you want them, I have three.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks Lucky, it would definitely be a few less parts I'd need to find. I hate to ask, but what exactly are the wing screws? Also, have any idea what the wrap is? I've done some research and can only come to the conclusion it might a champagne sparkle with the pink/reds faded out. Any help greatly appreciated. Dean.

Posted on 7 years ago

Looks like one of its past owners blew right through the chrome layer down to the brass underneath and probably by trying out an -abrasive- cleaner in that one spot. The little chip in the bearing edge is negligible because it's on the inside of the edge and an easy fix... a little carpenters glue on a toothpick and a clamp. That kit should clean up nicely. Lose those godawful parade drum heads! Those heads are killing the sound (that, Great Gretsch Sound,) of those drums. Looks like it's going to take a bit more cash to put them right. Best of luck with the project. Glad to hear the old man is ok.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 7 years ago

Wing screws are the screws for the floor tom leg mounts and the one in the tom mount that is missing the flat parts or arms

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here