Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Gretsch Gladstone Drum Set

I don't know how many saw this ad, but basically this is the gist of it...

Gretsch Gladstone Drum Set, 1940, Green Sparkle, 9X13 tom, 12X14 tom, 16X16 tom, 14X26 bass, 6X14 snare, all original, very rare.

I replied but I must have been late, because I never got any pictures or a reply back from the seller and the ad was deleted. So I am wondering what a drum set like this would be worth? And does anyone have any insight / history about Gladstone/Gretsch drums from this time period.

I have heard about the Gladstone drums, but I know very little about them. I understand that these are very much sought after as desirable drums and would like to learn a bit more about them.

Any comments or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike

Posted on 16 years ago

I read awhile back some info on collector,Chet Falzerano.One of his Gladstone kits was worth $25,000.00.There are some online vintage appraiser/experts that could answer your questions.

Posted on 16 years ago

Chet's forte were the sets and snares Gladstone made (after his collaboration with Gretsch)...he only made six or so sets and 60 snares...Carl Palmer was (or is) trying to sell one.

The Gretsch Gladstones were Gretsch's top of the line and very few are around, especially sets in Green sparkle. I'd imagine most were WMP. Gretsch Gladstone snares in rough condition bring over a grand, nice ones more...I've never seen a complete set, so I'd guess the set you described, if correct, would get 8-15000.

Chick Webb played a Gretsch Gladstone set

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here