Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Gretsch Cadillac Green set

This is a 1958 Gretsch Cadillac Green Progressive Jazz drum set.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

WOW! Those are gorgeous! I'll bet they sound great, too.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Would that be considered a Cadillac Green Nitron kit? From what I've read, those are super extremely rare...like 5 known in existence or something...OK...6! Eye Ball

Posted on 15 years ago

I was just at Steve Maxwells NYC Location and the 12/14/20 Cadillac Green Nitron was all boxed up and ready to ship. Is this it? I wish I had got there a few days early to see this beauty in person. Enjoy it!

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 15 years ago

PK & O-Lugs, Thanks I will enjoy these beauties and the do sound so good too! Sorry you missed them PK.

Ollimpass, these are rare from what I understand there are about 12 sets and this is one of them - it is in excellent condition too.

I am a little confused about the way that the Nitron term was used by Gretsch. I understood it to refer to plastic wrap on a drum and some of these type drums are plastic wrap with the Green or Copper Mist painted over the wrap. The earlier drums from what I know were painted directly onto the wood drum shell - these drums are directly painted on the wood. I also see that Steve Maxwell calls the set Cadillac Green Nitron even though there is no plastic wrap on this set. So I am not sure. But it is very cool either way!

Posted on 15 years ago

It's hard to tell from the pic...does it have the gold rims, lugs, etc.? Beautiful kit!

Posted on 15 years ago

Olimpass,

Yes the hardware, even the lugs and the tension rods are all gold plated. The plating is very thin on the claws & T's on the bass but it is gold. So far this is the only set that has the rail mount gold plated as well. The only hardware not plated gold is the diamond shell mount cymbal holder bracket.

Very classy.

Posted on 15 years ago

AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL AND CLASSY!!!!

Droooool...Mind Blowi

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here