Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Gretsch Badge- scratched

So I finally bought the Stop Sign kit and I have started to strip the drums ready to send them off to be re-wrapped. I found taking the badges off to be fairly difficult, I had to pry to grommet out slowly using a flat had screw driver. I was very careful and used a thick folded up cloth to be sure that I didn't scratch the badge, well I wasn't careful enough on badge number one. Its nothing major but I know it will annoy me, it looks as if part of the aged coating has flaked away. Does anyone know a way of either polishing this up or re-coating it? I know this is a very strange request so get it if there isn't. I'd probably look at putting that particular badge on the floor tom so it isn't as noticeable.

Cheers in advance

Posted on 9 years ago

I think polishing the badge would look bad, and I'm not sure there's a good way to cover or otherwise deal with the scratch. Vintage Gretsch badges have really come down in price in the past couple of years...I think that considering the amount of work it would probably take to either hide the scratch or polish all the badges to match, your best bet would be to just buy another one that isn't scratched (or try to live with it).

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 9 years ago

Thinking about it I'll live with it, if it annoys me that much I'll try and buy a new one.

Posted on 9 years ago

Can you post a pic? It may be possible to tone down the the scratch. Will always be there just not so eye catching.

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 9 years ago

It will patina it`self and blend, but waiting will suck.....

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 9 years ago

Heres a pic of the badge, the scratch, is really more of a flake. I'm sure you'll spot it. It not massive but it annoys.

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Just an idea...You may be able to blend the similar color of a marker, or wood crayon, etc. into the color of the immediate area around the scuff if you know what I mean...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 9 years ago

It gives it "character". It's not a big deal.

Posted on 9 years ago

I think I will live with it. It will add to the story of the kit.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here