Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Gretsch 6-lugger w/die-cast hoops

Found locally, all original including heads. No paper tag inside, so from what I've researched it's late 50's to early 60's. No muffler installed in it. I'm guessing it's a Dixieland.

1 attachments
Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 8 years ago

Beautiful snare, BBK!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 8 years ago

Gary very cool daddy-o !!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 8 years ago

It's mid-1960's actually. I owned one of these in a black lacquer finish with the diecast hoops. Mine had a paper tag inside as well as a muffler and a key-holder. Catalogs show the die cast hoop round badge versions to be from the mid-late 60's. And yes, it is a Dixieland model. They sound great for a 6-lug drum, but you have to crank them up otherwise they sound kinda boxy, at least mine did anyway.

Posted on 8 years ago

From Ludwig-dude

It's mid-1960's actually. I owned one of these in a black lacquer finish with the diecast hoops. Mine had a paper tag inside as well as a muffler and a key-holder. Catalogs show the die cast hoop round badge versions to be from the mid-late 60's. And yes, it is a Dixieland model. They sound great for a 6-lug drum, but you have to crank them up otherwise they sound kinda boxy, at least mine did anyway.

Wow...you're back?!? Haven't seen you for a while! From my research Gretsch started using paper tags around 62-64. Mine is stamped 5189, no muffler and it does have key holder.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 8 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

Wow...you're back?!? Haven't seen you for a while! From my research Gretsch started using paper tags around 62-64. Mine is stamped 5189, no muffler and it does have key holder.

Ya, I've been "lurking" a bit, made the occasional post, etc. Kind of got out of the hobby for a while, had other interests, etc.

Posted on 8 years ago

Downbeats!! ;-)

Posted on 8 years ago

From markrocks68

Downbeats!! ;-)

In time my friend, in time.

Posted on 8 years ago

Gary! A really great looking 6-lug Gretsch! The hoops look very clean. Most tend to develop lots of pimples over the years.

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

Very tasty!

40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap