Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Gretsch 3 ply Bop Kit

One owner set, purchased new in 1958, 14x18, 8x12, 14x14 3 ply drums, 4x14 6 ply snare. Silver interiors, bass drum has reinforcement rings, which Gretsch did for most 18" 3 ply shells. Stick chopper hoops on the toms, first generation diamond FT mounts, 6 band FT legs. Most of the original Gretsch Broadkaster calf skin heads are still with the set.

1 attachments
http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Oh my! That's extremely lovely! How do you do it, Bill? What a find!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

I was looking at all the amazing drums mlvibes has posted a couple of days ago .... it's staggering

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I am sick with jealousy.

Posted on 14 years ago

Now that's a pretty cool kit. I really like the whole feel of it. Nice red. Seriously. Very deep. Love the calf. That's a really neato kit. I would imagine it sounds very sweet. You are blessed.

Posted on 14 years ago

Egads!

Wonderfullness is just oozing out of that!

Great find!

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

er... um... drool! I would trade ALL of my kits for just one like that.

Interested? PM me :)

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

That was the set on CL in Long Island wasn't it Bill? You stole that set too. $1800 was the selling price if I remember correctly. I was too late to the party because I wouldn't have blinked an eye at that price.

Good score! What would you like to trade me for that set. I have a laundry list of vintage Gretsch goodies to choose from.

Posted on 14 years ago

Beautiful. You own a sweet piece of Gretsch history. I love the red sparkle!! Reminds me of my first kit, which, unfortunately, was not Gretsch.

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for all the nice words! These are definitely keepers...I'm in love! Keep on Pl

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here