Hi folks-

I just discovered this site tonight while trying to find information on vintage Slingerland snare drums. Great stuff here!!

Seems like a number of you know a good bit about old Slingerlands, so if anyone can help me with a few questions, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to try and send photos, and hopefully they'll help in answering the following:

A) What model is the drum (8 lug, clamshell strainer/throwoff, Black/Gold Cicago badge)?

B) Is the lack of a date stamp uncommon?

C) Is it odd that the shell interior is unfinished?

D) How bad is the cracking (both cracks run parallel to the reinforcement rings almost entirely around the drum) and would this type of cracking be more unusual with single ply shells than with the 3 ply models?

I had this drum up on ebay a few weeks ago and wound up cancelling the auction because I hadn't seen the cracks when I last changed the heads. I haven't decided if I'm going to relist it or not (I love the way the drum sounds and it's the only Slingerland snare that I've got right now), but I'd still like to know as much as possible about this drum and the shape it's in.