Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Great Photos Of Old Drums/Drummers

I'm blown away by the photos available at the Library Of Congress website. These photos are high resolution and you can choose an even higher resolution if you care to. Here's what you do go to the link I have here below, then copy this [COLOR="DarkGreen"]+subject:"drummers"[/COLOR] into the search field and hit go. You may be "gone" a long time. Especially you Swing and Bop enthusiasts. Then click on the thumbnails, and then the smaller photo that comes up to see the bigger version. If you change the search to include [COLOR="DarkGreen"]+subject:"trumpet+players" [/COLOR]and others, there are more GREAT photos. Try searching different instrument players, Jazz galore!

http://www.loc.gov/performingarts/index.html

“In fact your pedal extremities are a bit obnoxious”. – Fats Waller
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool, thanks for the link!!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I've always wanted to be able to research the actual kits that were used by certain drummers in certain eras.

For example,...

Chauncy Morehouse playing with the Wolverines,... what size and types(s) of cymbals did he use and play choke cymbal with accents?

Baby Dodds,... while playing in brother Johnny Dodd's band what size, make of drum kit, cymbals, etc.??

Where the heck do you even find this stuff,...IF you can????

UGH!!!:confused:

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here