Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Great news for Drouyn afficionados

. . and indeed any vintage drum fan. Yesterday, the contents of the Drouyn factory in Brisbane, Australia (which had been stored by Lois Drouyn for many years) was won by an extremely deserving historian and collector of Drouyn. This person (I will keep that quiet for a bit) loves Drouyn drums and history. Definitely the right buyer. So no mass eBay sales! Included was a lot of machinery, drum moulds and a heap of paperwork. Many mysteries will no doubt be revealed . . . . I'm really pleased about this. History will be preserved.

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/troutstudio/Drouyn/drouyn-avatar.jpg[/IMG]

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 9 years ago

This is excellent news, great that these drums won't be forgotten and lost in the Mists of Time. But will it help me find that elusive bass drum lug??? Ah well, one lives in hope....

A

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

From R.Adam McHugh

This is excellent news, great that these drums won't be forgotten and lost in the Mists of Time. But will it help me find that elusive bass drum lug??? Ah well, one lives in hope....A

I'd say you now have a better chance. I'll ask him. Also the repro Slingerland ones you can buy on line will fit and look ok.

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 9 years ago

You are a Genital and a Scallop sir, many thanks! By the way, I found a date for it on the inside which I can't believe I missed after all this time. Handwritten in ink: 14/4/67, which makes the drum just under 4 months older than me!

Does the repro Slingerland lug hole distance match the Drouyn's? I don't want to make any unnecessary holes. But I did find an old Maxwin BD lug that fits exactly, so I've put that on temporarily with a resignation that it might end up having to be permanent. But now you've given me renewed hope! Bowing

Posted on 9 years ago

Maybe I can get that badge I have always wanted.

Posted on 9 years ago

I`d be in for a badge for my collection!!

OP...Nice set, BTW...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 9 years ago

From R.Adam McHugh

You are a Genital and a Scallop sir, many thanks! By the way, I found a date for it on the inside which I can't believe I missed after all this time. Handwritten in ink: 14/4/67, which makes the drum just under 4 months older than me!Does the repro Slingerland lug hole distance match the Drouyn's? I don't want to make any unnecessary holes. But I did find an old Maxwin BD lug that fits exactly, so I've put that on temporarily with a resignation that it might end up having to be permanent. But now you've given me renewed hope! Bowing

Drill holes!! Never. I've done this for someone else. I'm pretty sure the holes on the Drouyn are 57mm, so all the Slingerland type lugs on this page would fit. My bass drum is packed away but I think that's right.

http://www.drumfactorydirect.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_9_84

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks for the info. There are three Slingy Beavertail lugs on that page, are they all the same hole distance? I think I'd be going for the first one, L05-01, but you is der cuckoo expert, I is just der cuckoo...

Posted on 9 years ago

So does this mean NEW Drouyn drums being made with exact&precise shells (Rose Adler/Ash/QLD maple) & hardware?,

Made here in QLD Australia?.

Posted on 8 years ago

From Aussievintagedrumuser

So does this mean NEW Drouyn drums being made with exact&precise shells (Rose Adler/Ash/QLD maple) & hardware?,Made here in QLD Australia?.

Wouldn't that be nice? I think I'd be making a few more trips to QLD...Car Driving2

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here