Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Gray Acrolite

I bought this Ludwig Acrolite with the Club Date set I just acquired. It does not have the brushed metal finish mostly associated with Acrolites. Rather, it is painted a solid gray. The paint is inside and out, and appears to me to be original. The serial number places the drum in the early 80’s (3100691).

Does anyone know if this is still an Acrolite, and if this model with this paint treatment has a different or special name?

Thanks!

Josh

Posted on 1 year ago

Hi, yes it’s still an acrolite.

I’ve found this also.

https://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/ludwig_snaredrums/1984_LUDWIG_SNARES5.jpg

Posted on 1 year ago

They were that color grey at that time before the blackros came out. I believe it is powder coated like the blackros are. There were actually a couple of shades of grey in that finish. The badge doesn't look like a Ludwig badge however. Can you post a close up picture of the badge?

Posted on 1 year ago

Thin Shell, what makes you suspicious of the badge authenticity? It does have some scratches on it but appears to be fastened on with an original grommet.

Josh

Posted on 1 year ago

Olimpass, thank you for that info!

Josh

Posted on 1 year ago

Badge looked too big in the small picture but looks legit in the close up. It all looks original.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here