Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Gracy kit

Hello to everyone, It's all wood shells,8 lug snare 14x5.5, shell tom 16", floor tom is 18", bass 20". I would like to know when made, 50's 60's, name of finish, aprox original price, aprox value now.I've had this kit for12 yrs and i've never seen one other Gracy drum, and everyone i've talked to has not even heard of a Gracy. One more thing, the whole kit sounds really sweet too. The snare is real poppy with very little ring.Two more, is the company still in business? D' Drummer

3 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

I have a few Gracy badges on the badge page of the main web site.

Click Here

Made in Japan, so they were imports from the 60's. Finding specific info might be difficult, because so many drums were coming out of Japan at that time.

They probably had over 60 different names of drums and were made from the same components but labeled with different badges.

So I can't say if they were an actual company or just another private label set. Tama and Pearl emerged as the two companies that were behind many of the names at that time.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Thank You David, It's nice to know that they COULD be a throw-off from Tama or Pearl. Will find out what kind of wood the shells are. To me it's a good quality kit. Any idea of value? Thanks again, j_redband4Keep on Pl

Posted on 18 years ago

I got a white pearl finished Gracy snare drum. I don't think there worth to much,but it sounds really good. The drum on the right is the gracy. The other is a ludwig still has the pig intestine snares

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Hey!

Look at the home page.

I was able to get a Gracy Catalog!

Click Here

David

Posted on 18 years ago

nice catalog, it's gotta be rare one. Not many people even heard of gracy.

Posted on 18 years ago

Hey Samhain send me your picture of the two drums so I can size it to fit the forum.

It is currently a mini-me image!

[EMAIL="vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com"]vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com[/EMAIL]

Thanks

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

Ive seen gracy drums on ebay a couple of times. From what I've seen Vintage Japanese drums usually only go for 75-80 dollars a set. If you are interested in selling definetely talk to me though.

Harrison
Posted on 18 years ago

I would pay more than 70-80 dollars thoughband2

Harrison
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here