Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Good Luck Vibes With Fibes !!!!

I have been pretty lucky in the past with drums,but i think this time is pretty special!!! found a early 70's fibes 4 pce set last week-chrome over fiberglass 24" bass,13 and 14" mount toms,18" floor tom-wrap was pretty bad,but hard to tell they were so dirty!!so i bought them for cheap!!!Well after removing all the hardware and heads found that all the drums are in good shape-no cracks-bearing edges all good-all painted black-looking like they should!! had rogers swivomatic tom mounts i thought someone threw them on,but holes were perfect for the mounts like from the factory?? thanks to a friend on here,i found some fibes did have rogers hardware from the factory!! boy was that nice!!,also 24" bass was a virgin-never seen that?? but wrap is original and fiberglass is even on top with factory paint over it-i am sure a rarity for fibes??after using every chrome secret i have ever known and 3 days of elbow grease,i have the set looking pretty damn good!! fibes used real metal wrap with the chrome so it polishes out-looks pretty damn good!now comes the lucky part.i see and ad tonight and run like the wind to grab it!! a matching fibes sft 690 snare-chrome over fiberglass(buddy rich's snare of fame)in nice shape to match the kit!! what are the chances of that?? and so far this kit has cost me less than 400.00,really nice score i think???

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

That's awesome man, looks like I might be picking up some Fibes this week myself! 13, 16, 16, 22 w matching snare crystallite or whatever they're called. We shall see. . . .

Posted on 14 years ago

GOOD LUCK WITH THE KIT !!!!!! I have always felt a connection with fibes drums!! Grew up here on long island and remember when they were made here right in farmingdale,i used to go to long island drum center and they were always on display as the home town drum!!!They are getting pretty damn rare so you should grab them!!Also remember the clears always sounded better than the vistalites(in my opinion of course)good luck!!!!

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool man, we'll have to trade pics soon!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here