Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Gold sparkle floor tom-FAIL...Krylon next.

My 4-month quest for a suitable semi-matching floor tom for my 66 Slingerland kit is a FAILURE. I'm now considering Krylon Sparkle Blast spray paint on a suitable MIJ w/Slingy lugs. It is a shame,because the drum, which is red sparkle,is in good condition. But I'm anxious to play these drums out. I would certainly consider trading for a stripped Slingerland floor tom if someone needed the red sparkle. Any experiences with the Krylon?

Posted on 8 years ago

What are you matching too? Pardon me if you post this before, I have a short memory.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

Oh,stupid me, gold sparkle in the title, he he.

Why not use regular drum wrap?

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

Both new Gold Sparkles are way too orange, almost orange sparkle. I can't find anything,even MIJ to match this.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

I might be acquiring what you're looking for in the next week. Going to take a look at a huge lot of items this weekend. Spent an hour on the phone with the seller tonight and he advised I would need a few hours just to see everything he has. He has three separate lots. One of complete vintage US drums ( leedy,ludwig,slingerland,gretsch,rogers,etc.. ) a lot of MIJ drums ( also has some keller shells, UK drums ) and then another lot of just hardware and parts. If I see any US or MIJ gold sparkle floor toms I'll make sure to snag one up for you. Any size in particular you're looking for?

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

14 or 16 or...do you need any help? I have a truck!

;)

Posted on 8 years ago

I work for Radio Kings! ;)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

Just sent you a PM. I might have something that could work for you. See the photo below.

Posted on 8 years ago

Is this close to what you are looking for (wrap wise)?

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

I have friend who has a gold sparkle 14x16 Slingerland Stage Band floor tom. It is missing one tension rod. Last time I talked to him he wanted $400. I can talk to him about it if your interested.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here