Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

I have some wood pulling up and shredding a bit on my slingerland tom. I got the wrap off cleanly for 70-80% of the shell, but there was a nasty trouble spot, which I fully expected there would be with this drum.

Anyway, some of the wood frayed and is up a bit in places. Is there a good spray glue that I can use to glue it back down? Or do I have to use something else?

I do plan on re-wrapping...in case there is a difference.

Thanks,

Kevin

1961 Ludwig Super Classic 22,13,16,18, WFL BR Snare WMP
1951-52 Slingerland Radio King Krupa Outfit 24,13,16 Champagne Sparkle
1960s/70s Polaris MIJ 20,12,16 Red Sparkle
2005 Gretsch Catalina Club WMP First Run
2008 Pearl Masters MCX 20,10,12,14f,16f & 14 Diamond Glitter
1999 Yamaha Stage Custom 22,10,12,14r,16f. Marina Green

...& many more...
Posted on 14 years ago

From nailfoxx

I have some wood pulling up and shredding a bit on my slingerland tom. I got the wrap off cleanly for 70-80% of the shell, but there was a nasty trouble spot, which I fully expected there would be with this drum.Anyway, some of the wood frayed and is up a bit in places. Is there a good spray glue that I can use to glue it back down? Or do I have to use something else?I do plan on re-wrapping...in case there is a difference.Thanks,Kevin

I'm not getting what your saying, can you post pics of it?? if some of the wood came off while stripping the shell, you'll have to use wood filler putty on the exterior and fill in the missing wood,??

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah, it's hard to explain, I need to snap some shots, I will do it this weekend when I work on it again. But, there are some pieces of wood still on there, just pulling away from the shell, think of it as a head of hair suffering from 'bed head'. :-)

Anyway, I just need to get it to lay flat again. You mentioned using putty to fill in where it came off completely...there is a section of probably 4x7" that it all pulled off. Would I need to putty the entire area to get it back up, or should I try to float the wrap over it?

-Kevin

...& many more...
Posted on 14 years ago

From nailfoxx

Yeah, it's hard to explain, I need to snap some shots, I will do it this weekend when I work on it again. But, there are some pieces of wood still on there, just pulling away from the shell, think of it as a head of hair suffering from 'bed head'. :-)Anyway, I just need to get it to lay flat again. You mentioned using putty to fill in where it came off completely...there is a section of probably 4x7" that it all pulled off. Would I need to putty the entire area to get it back up, or should I try to float the wrap over it?-Kevin

kevin you'll have to fill in all wood loss. did you get all the wrap off yet?? if not always remove it with the grain not against it, all so use a heat gun or blow dryer to soften the glue,to make it easier to remove!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Oh, yeah I did get the wrap off. I knew in this particular spot that I would have trouble, but once past it, I got it off very easy, with a heat gun.

I will try to get pics of it when I head back out to work on it this weekend. Its on the 16" tom, I am doing the 13" and 24" drums this Sunday.

...& many more...
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here