Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Ghost pedal help

Hi,

I need some help identifying the age of an old ghost pedal I recently acquired. Can anyone give me an idea of when this version of the pedal was made? There are no markings of any kind on the foot board.

Thanks!

Posted on 15 years ago

Looks to be a '60's model. See here: http://www.pas.org/museum/tour/0499.cfm

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is it insane to practice?
Posted on 15 years ago

It should be a second generation Ghost from the mid-late 50's, not 60's.....

Check out this page for more Ghost info:http://www.billyrhythm.com/drums/ghost/

Posted on 15 years ago

OK...thx for the info. It definitely looks like a second generation pedal. However, the site you referenced implies that all of the second generation or "transition" ghost pedals were all black. Mine is clearly not black and I seriously doubt it was repainted. Do you know if the second generation pedals were also produced in the colors shown in the pictures I provided?

Thx Again!

Posted on 15 years ago

From scolner

OK...thx for the info. It definitely looks like a second generation pedal. However, the site you referenced implies that all of the second generation or "transition" ghost pedals were all black. Mine is clearly not black and I seriously doubt it was repainted. Do you know if the second generation pedals were also produced in the colors shown in the pictures I provided?Thx Again!

Yes that is a correct color as well. I owned one in the same finish before I sold it on Ebay a couple of years back.....

Posted on 15 years ago

Cool...thx...Just curious... What did your pedal bring on eBay?

Posted on 15 years ago

From scolner

Cool...thx...Just curious... What did your pedal bring on eBay?

I've bought and sold a few on ebay in the past....some sold for as little as $35, some for as much as $150. It all depends on the condition, originality, completeness and what the market is currently dictating. Most average condition Ghosts go for about $50-$75 on ebay today

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here