Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

General Drum Forums

I have really been enjoying this site since I found it. Wish there were a few more folks contributing but I'm sure that will come in time. Anyhow, do any of you know of a good message forum about general drumming? I've visited a number of sites and get a bit frustrated at the discussions. I don't want to come off like a snob but incessant threads about how "Bonzo was the best drummer ever" and stuff along those lines is not my cup of tea. The posters on this forum provide insight and have thoughtful comments. Are there others like this that you may recommend?

Posted on 18 years ago

Good question and I have not found one yet that would be a good general

forum for drumming. There are a bunch of other drum related forums that cater to different types of drums, vintage and new and forums for cymbals and other forums that try and cover every topic related to drums.

I will say that what I have seen is that the "Drumming Community" is a smaller niche then other forums that I have seen for other hobby's. I once was on a train forum that had over 20,000 members!! That is huge and an entity on to itself.

This forum was started at a time when another popular drum forum was being turned off and I was at a point where I could no longer handle the questions coming into the web site and could not keep track of them in a responsible manner. It was a natural transition to add it to the already popular web site.

Forums in general are a good meeting place for people with the same hobby and if they are regulated and monitored correctly they should stay a "Normal" place for people of all ages to visit.

Other then that I'm more then willing to add a section or create a section for "General Drumming" so that others looking for the same thing can visit.

We have a very good mix of members currently checking in and in time they will be more comfortable posting. It is a problem on many forums that people do not want to post for fear of being "Called out" or put in their place or they do not want to made to feel stupid.

I have seen it so many times that what you think might be a harmless post turns ugly. It is all about the point of view and what you type may be taken completely the wrong way you intended it to be taken.

Just let me know what you were thinking and I will create that section if you want.

Thanks and any feedback about the web site and forum is much appreciated.

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here