Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Gday from Oz

Hi

You might say I am a bit of an all round muso (read: hack), but drums was my 'first love' you might say as I started on them as a teenager. At the time my hero was Alex Van Halen. Happy to say my taste has broadened a lot since then in fact I would say I am definitely a retro guy nowadays.

With that in mind, I am building a recording studio and aiming to add a vintage kit to the mix (no pun intended). It's kind of a mid-life crisis thing maybe but my son and daughter are both keen to learn so I am really killing about 4 birds with one stone. Anyway I feel like I have come home since finding this forum. I look forward to participating and learning heaps hear (ha)

Aussie aussie aussie oy oy oy!!!

valleyman

Posted on 16 years ago

valleyman..........you have come to the right place.......

Ask a lot of questions before you invest in a vintage kit........the experts on this site are top notch and will guide you in the right direction.

Good Luck

Posted on 16 years ago

G’day Valleyman and welcome, this is the best place to learn everything vintage drums. I’m a fellow Aussie, I think there are few around here (can we have a show of hands?). Of course vintage drums are a lot more expensive and rare in this part of the world. Good luck and like the previous post says, ask lots of questions before you purchase anything. I have noticed a few un-original kits for sale recently way over priced. Anyway enjoy,

Cheers.

Posted on 16 years ago

hi valleyman

im new here too and a Perth person too. hope your plans go well!

Posted on 16 years ago

Mate..

good to see some more ozzies and more blokes having a mid life crisis!

Drums, especially vintage drums are an expensive business down here. Not to much comes around, but they do. Keep your eyes peeled and wallet ready.

Cheers

Stuart

Posted on 16 years ago

I'm a kiwi ....But I did live in Perth for 5 years.

Good luck finding the kit of your dreams.

Blonkins.

Posted on 16 years ago

Well saddle up and dig through all the old posts for more info than you can wave a dead dingo's tail at! Excited

Posted on 16 years ago

Keep an eye on Ebay...you never know what will show up? I have seen some 70s and 60s Ludwig kits sell in the UK, in varying condition, but not many in Europe or the land of Oz.

cbatten75

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here