Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Funny Paiste 2002 story

There must have been a tag on that BD that said something like, "T Vixen drum, badly warped...."

Hurting

Posted on 13 years ago

Good one LOL

It was high on a shelf in the back room,and I didn't see it. Guy I was with drum hunting saw it.............

Can't remember what the heck I paid for it.......$400? BUT.......it was missing the rail to hold the toms on!

Also,one of the BD heads was broke............found one in the rafters of a music store's basement in town here...........

I had someone make one up (rail).........turned out pretty good...............

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

I bought a pair of Paiste 602 sound edge 14" hats when they first came out with them, I think in '69 or '70. Anyway, they came packaged in a red box with (I think) a white plastic carrying handle. They actually had a 100% replacement guarantee not to crack! Playing rock 6 nights a week, 5 hours a night took it's toll and I went through 2 pairs before that guarantee was removed by Paiste.The top cymbal cracked on all 3 pairs and I continued to use the bottom until that cracked at the edge. I had that cut down to a 13" by Joe Badger in South Bend, In. and paired it with an old A.Zildjian top.

Posted on 13 years ago

[QUOTE=bigshawn;112751]don't understand why people pay money for things that make noise. Another one chimed in "I know, they're just pieces of metal. QUOTE]

Ha, haaaa! That's classic. "Things that make noise". They sell guns, don't they? Was it Chumly? Great score!

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 13 years ago

Chumly.Falling Do

You watch that circus too?

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 13 years ago

Yep. Antiques Road Show, too. Love the historical items.

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here